Hi there! My name is Leeann and I blog over at Join the Gossip. I'm lucky enough to call Kate a real-life friend. We met as bloggers four years ago and have been close ever since. So when she asked me to guest post, I was thrilled!
That's me. Drinking some bubbly before sailing!
Today I'm here to share a fun nautical event for all of you in SoCal, and those planning a visit-Newport Landing Whale Watching in Newport Beach. Located in the Balboa Island/Peninsula area, this tour company offers several voyages year-round that last just under three hours. Prices may vary due to fuel surcharges, but fees are currently $36. If you love being out on the water and sea life, this is an awesome activity!
Unfortunately we didn't see any whales the whole trip. BUT, we saw seals sunbathing and so many dolphins! It was incredible how the dolphins swarmed our boat and were swimming along with us. Pods full of the playful creatures gave us a show jumping in and out of the water, and we even saw quite a few babies. Super adorable!
Some tips if you plan on taking the Newport Landing Whale Watchingtour:
- If you grab food beforehand, try Newport Landing. It's located on the Balboa Peninsula, they have tasty options, and they give 50% off coupons for the tour.
- Bring binoculars. We forgot ours and rented a pair for $5 but never used them.
- If you're prone to seasickness, take preventative measures. The boat can get to rockin' pretty good.
- Bring layers. Even if it's hot, there's going to be a breeze on the water.
- Don't forget your camera!
Thanks for reading along. Be sure to stop by my blog and say hi. I love making new blogging buds!