Then Tierney emailed me and her emails always make me smile. Tierney writes over at the Preppy Leopard and now she is hoping to be a published writer (!) and started a new blog here for her writing. I can't wait for Tierney's new book (think Gossip Girl, the A List, YA)!
Anyway Tierney tagged me in a recent post to share some facts about me! I don't post much about my personal life so this is a chance to share a bit more with my readers.
1. My birthday is October 8, my sister's birthday is October 9 (we are 6 years apart)
2. I majored in psychology and criminal justice in college. I am still planning on going to grad school to purse one or both of those (maybe forensic psychology?)
3. I really love living alone. I'm not sure I could ever live with a roommate again. I had both ends of the crazy roommate spectrum-party 24/7, always had friends/guys over girl (had two of these) and then the other direction- a girl that needed total silence (using the microwave or tv at 10 on a Friday night was too much) and even complained when I used the space heater in MY ROOM (it was making her room "too hot")
4. I lived in the same house for my whole childhood (rare for LA) and now live just over a mile from that house
5. I stopped drinking soda during my semester in Australia in 2008. I don't like the taste of it out of the can/bottle (prefer fountain soda) so I stopped drinking it. I very rarely drink soda now. Maybe once every 6 months if that. I have never had coffee. The only issue with this is that when I do have soda/caffeine, I am awake for hours at night!
6. I am terrified of spiders
7. I have the bad habit of popping pimples but I never pick at scabs/scrapes/cuts
8. I've never had a hamburger (well maybe as a toddler before I got super picky but definitely not in the last 20+ years)
9. I thought I was going to be a teacher after college. I made it to the final round of Teach for America and then got rejected. I'm happy with my current job but it took a long time to get over that rejection
10. I started online dating last fall and that is quite an adventure. Entertaining I'll say!
11. I always sleep with the covers/blanket over my head. Even when it is hot!
Here are the new questions from Tierney:
1. Do you have a special story of how your parents picked out your name?
I am actually not sure why they chose Kate (not short for anything). I know my dad liked Kay. The funny thing is that my oldest sister has a 3 syllable first name, next sister has 2 syllable name, then I have just 1 syllable. Easier to yell out 1 syllable names? ;) My middle name is after my beloved Great Uncle though
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I always loved babies so something to do with kids. I think I said teacher?
3. What was your favorite memory from a child?
Family trips to Sun Valley, sleepovers with my neighbors, the yearly fall festival at my elementary school
4. If you had to wear one color for the rest of your life, what would it be?
5. What fictional place would you most like to visit?
This is a tough one! Capeside from Dawson's Creek. Nautical small town!
6. Who is your fictional crush?
Pacey Witter (Dawson's Creek) and Ben Covington (Felicity). Honorable mention to Chuck Bass (Gossip Girl)
7. What is the craziest/most brave thing you’ve ever done?Skydiving in Australia8. What has been your most embarrassing moment to date? I cried in front of my english class in high school, threw up once on an airplane in high school (I don't think anyone but the lady next to me saw but it was an awful experience)9. If you got to spend one day as a member of the opposite sex, what would you do? I think I would just try to pick a guy's brain and see what they are thinking! I did try to pee standing up when I was in preschool with my best friend. It didn't go well. Maybe I'd try that again. 10. What fictional character do you think is the most like you? Blair Waldorf meets the members of the Babysitters Club
Thank you, Tierney, for tagging me!